Man crossing Peace Bridge arrested on U.S. murder trial warrant
June 16, 2025 at 8:35 PM
A man who crossed the Peace Bridge from Fort Erie into Buffalo has been arrested by U.S. authorities on an outstanding warrant related to a murder trial.
According to a news release from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the 29-year-old Sudanese citizen, who is also a lawful permanent resident of the United States, was taken into custody on June 13.
CBP officers at the Buffalo port of entry discovered during a secondary inspection that he was wanted for failing to appear at his murder trial in Virginia.
The man, who was driving alone in a personal vehicle, told officers he had been visiting friends in Canada for several days. A National Crime Information Center check revealed an active arrest warrant from Fairfax County, Va., for failure to appear at a trial on original charges of first-degree murder and strangulation.
“Once again, our enforcement-focused CBP officers identified and apprehended a wanted fugitive charged with heinous crimes,” said Buffalo port director Gaetano Cordone in the release. “Our strong relationships with our law enforcement partners are pivotal to ensuring violent fugitives like this are brought to justice.”
“An outstanding job by our Buffalo CBP officers on the arrest of a violent criminal wanted for failing to appear in a case of murder,” added Rose Brophy, Buffalo director of field operations. “We hope that the family of the victim will feel a sense of relief knowing this individual was caught and will now be held accountable and face the consequences of his actions.”
The man was turned over to the Buffalo Police Department and is awaiting extradition to Virginia as a fugitive from justice.








Stay Informed